We want you to feel welcome and stay connected to the Owens family!
Owens offers engagement activities and volunteer opportunities to students, alumni, retirees, and volunteers. Stay informed with our newsletter and re-connect with fellow alumni at an upcoming event!
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Owens Community College Alumni Hall of Fame Awards
Deadline for Submissions: 12 p.m. January 29, 2024
Awardee announcements and further event information will be available in February
To recognize the achievement of outstanding Owens alumni who have excelled personally and professionally, making a continued and significant difference in their community on a local, state, national, or international level, the Alumni Committee will induct one alumnus from each school into the Hall of Fame during the 2024 Creative Expressions gala celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Center for Fine and Performing Arts.
The Owens Community College Alumni Committee will review, select, and notify honorees in February. A maximum of five individuals, one for each College plus one Community-focused award will be inducted into the Alumni Hall of Fame. Each honoree must agree to accept the award, in-person attendance is preferred.
- The nominee should have attended Owens Community College for at least two semesters and earned at least 30 credit hours.
- The nominee need not be a graduate, but it should be evident that the Owens Community College experience was significant in relation to the nominee’s achievements. Alumni whose association with Owens Community College was minimal or casual should not be considered.
- The type of achievement judged should be all-inclusive, not restrictive; global, not parochial; recognizable, not necessarily well known or popular.
- The accomplishments to be recognized may be achieved through the nominee’s career, service, volunteer efforts or involvement/commitment to Owens Community College.
- Nominees may nominate themselves.
- Nominees cannot be current College Board Trustees or Foundation Board Directors.
- Awardee must agree to accept the award, in-person attendance is preferred at the awards ceremony on April 20, 2024.
Purchase a SHAC Membership
As an employee’s relative, alumni, retiree, or even a member of the community, you can purchase a membership to use the SHAC fitness center.